Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Country Roads (:

West Virginia is where I live and where I probably always will. Its beautiful here. All the mountains, the camp grounds and everything. I call it my home. I love it here, I love going up in the mountains ridin fourwheelers or just going up there in trucks. It's definately one of my favorite places in the world. I love the college basketball team I'm a very big wvu fan and that's what i'll always be. I always watch the games. Everything about the West Virginia mountains is amazing. West Virginia has that "hillbilly" reputation but everyone here just shakes it off becuase we know what it is really like here. This is one of my favorite places in West Virginia. It is so beautiful. Noone really understands how much history West Virginia has, and its amazing when you learn about some of it.

As you may know, West Virginia is famous for our coalmines. We just recently had a big explosion at Massey Coal mines on the Raleigh County/Boone County Line, that has affected all of us and everyone around us. We lost 25 miners and 4 are still missing and several made it out alive and a couple are in the hospital. In the picture is Cory Davis. He is one of the 25 people that we lost. I had known him for a long time. He was such an amazing person to be around. My thoughts and prayers are with the Davis family. Cory was hilarious, and could make anyone laugh and smile. His brother Seth is my age and him and Cory were very close. Seth is having a hard time and my heart is breaking for him and their family. Cory was a very atheletic person. Cory would do anything for his family especially his little brothers Seth and Nathan. His dad was also stuck in the mines but he made it out, unfortunately Cory didn't make it out. Cory was a very loveable guy, and he is going to be missed terribly but I know that he is in a better place now, eventhough its not here with us. I can still see that smile. Which if you knew Cory that is something you know you could never forget. You will always be in my heart Cory. Watch over us all and help your family pull through this. We all love you and miss you so much. "You don't have to dance with the devil anymore Cor, now Jesus will dance with you, rip" This was a very big tragedy that we will carry around with us for a while. Pray for the Davis family, the missing miner's and their families, they all need it right now.
- Cory Thomas Davis, we miss you buddy. May 22nd 1989-April 5th 2010
[I'm gonna miss that smile, I'm gonna miss you my friend Even though it hurts the way it ended up, I'd do it all again So play it sweet in heaven 'cause that's right where you wanna be I'm not cryin' cause I feel so sorry for you, I'm cryin' for me. ]
[I know you're in a better place, yeah But I wish that I could see your face, oh I know you're where you need to be Even though it's not here with us]



































No comments:

Post a Comment